Full Scholarships: Academic | Sports | Arts
|Year Groups : 4 | 5 | 6 | 7|
|Deadline : November 10, 2017
Testing & Interview : November 19, 2017
About the Scholarships
Scholarships will be awarded to students for the foundation year (2017/2018) in the following categories:
- Academic Scholarships
- Sports Scholarships
- Arts Scholarships (Fine and Performing Arts)
- Complete the attached form.
- Write a 100 – 200 word personal statement outlining why they are a great candidate for Kingsgate International School (see below).
- Supply authenticated reports for at least 3 years from their current or previous schools.
- Supply a minimum of 3 confidential referee statements and recommendations.
- Complete scholarship tests in person (English, Mathematics and an Innovation Project).
- Attend an interview in person.
- Sports and Arts Scholarships must provide suitable evidence (or a performance) for the scholarship selection panel.
Kingsgate International School selects scholarship recipients on the basis of the following criteria:
- Academic achievement as documented through the applicant’s school results, standardised test scores and a test provided by Kingsgate International School.
- Demonstrated evidence that the applicant reflects the skills and a life mission that matches Kingsgate’s vision for innovation and global citizenship.
- Community involvement and leadership potential as demonstrated by the student’s personal statement, letters of recommendation and interviews with selection panel.
Kingsgate International School Scholarship includes:
- Tuition Fees for one academic year (2017/2018)
- Uniforms, books and resources (standard issued material)
The Scholarship does not include:
- School Meals
- Technology Fee
- Transportation Fee
- Additional, non-essential materials and resources
- Certified school transcripts (min. 3) that contain the student’s grades must be submitted with the attached application.
- Applicants must submit a personal statement that provides information about their community involvement, career goals and desire to contribute to their community. Applicants should consider the personal statement as equivalent to an interview. Personal statements must not be more than two pages in length. (100 – 200 words)
- A one-page letter of recommendation from three (3) people. At least one of the recipient’s teachers or a school official is required. The letters should detail the applicant’s background, achievements, leadership abilities and community involvement. Letters should contain personalised information about the applicant.
Questions or Comments
Contact: Duncan, Yugi or Violet at:
Kingsgate International School
No. 2-3, Jalan 3/152, Taman Perindustrian OUG,
Batu 6, Jalan Puchong, 58200, Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: +603-7782-4925 | +60 16 416 1892