Working With Us
Kingsgate International School, in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia is seeking founding teachers for its opening year beginning term 2, January 2018.
- Pre-Nursery, Nursery and Reception Teachers (including day care)
- Year 1 to 7 Homeroom Teachers
- Islamic Studies Teachers
- Mandarin Teacher
- Bahasa Malayu Teacher
- Teacher Assistants
A willingness to learn from others is at the heart of education at Kingsgate International School. We are a highly collaborative community made up of individuals who respect each other and exhibit a willingness to explore the process of building, implementing, evaluating, and revising programs. Coaching and mentoring are attributes of our teachers and both are infused inside and outside the classroom. Kingsgate teachers are encouraged to foster a reflective environment and share teaching methods, materials, and assessment techniques with a whole-child perspective.
Preferred Qualities of Our Teachers:
- Interacts with others with respect and equality
- Communicates thoughtfully to everyone
- Reads subtleties and acts appropriately
- Speaks honestly with purpose and intent
- Articulates and incorporates personal and school philosophies
- Facilitates discussion
- Models teamwork and decision-making
- Demonstrates flexibility
- Eagerly shares ideas and thoughts on curricula, students, parents and professional issues
- Supports others professionally
- Reflects, assesses, plans and implements a process in order to achieve and extend goals for each student, the class and him/herself
- Challenges individual students by setting high expectations
- Inspires each student to go beyond his/her self-imposed limits
- Promotes complex thinking by asking probing questions
- Supports students with specific and constructive feedback
- Integrates ideas across thematic curricula
- Invests in emergent curricula
- Models discovery and inspires others to questions
- Celebrates "the well-built hypothesis"
- Reveals possibilities
- Embraces and continues his/her own learning process
- Considers the social, emotional, physical and intellectual development of each student
- Supports diverse learning styles
- Enriches and individualizes the learning process
- Creates a safe and supportive environment while promoting exploration, discovery and risk-taking
Founding teachers will begin the planning, orientation and induction program in December 2017.
Applicants should submit the following materials to email@example.com :
- A letter of application outlining your educational philosophy, strengths and professional and personal interests. (max 2 pages)
- A current curriculum vitae (max 2 pages)
- A professional photo
- A list of at least three referees with current telephone numbers and email addresses.